Monday, July 23, 2012

Easel Box Card

Today I have been playing with my blog header for hours.  I've created two different headers, tried them both out and decided on this one.  I created it using a blog header template from a digital scrapbook web site called Scrap Girls www.scrapgirls.com.  I combined pieces from two different template kits...Blog Banner Layout Template Centered and Embrace both by Keri Schueller.  I used a digital paper pack from Sweet Shoppe Designs www.sweetshoppedesigns.com called You Make Me All I Was Ment To Be by Lauren Grien. 

Now for my post of the day...I've seen a few different Easel Box Cards while viewing other blogs and really liked them.  I finally found "how to" instructions on Joanie McDonald's web site joaniscardsmadebyhand.blogspot.com.

I love how it's an Easel Card (one of my favorite cards to make) on top of a drawer/box.  I made this for my niece's 19th birthday and wanted to add a little something inside the drawer/box.  I cut a couple fancy squares, added a Birthday Sentiment, decorated with a cute flower that I made and stamped/colored a swirly corner.  She loved it! (Of course I also added a little special something $$$ that you don't see in the pictures).

I used another Saturated Canary Digital on this project...I love, love, love using them on my cards.  They are great because I can re-size them to fit any project I am working on and they are so darn cute.  I've used them for all kinds of projects...Bulletin Boards, Picture Frames, Presents and of course lots of cards.  Check them out at the Saturated Canary web site saturated-canary.myshopify.com.  I'm sure you will love them too!


Front - Card Open


Side View

Top of the Card Box
Inside Drawer
Bottom of Card Box

Items used for this project:
          Paper - Basic Grey paper pad "Kissing Booth" and Bazzill White Card Stock
          Digital Stamp - Saturated Canary "Ellie's Birthday" printed on Classic Crest "Solar White" 03249
          Rubber Stamps - Verve "Sunny Days" for flower in drawer, Whimsy Stamps "Handmade Letter 
                    Seal" and Inkadinkado Stamp (sorry I don't know the name of it) for the swirls and flowers in 
                    the corners.
          Flowers, Metal Medallion and Brads - Wild Orchid Crafts...I embossed the Metal Medallion 
                    using a black embossing powder.
          Metal Dies - Spellbinders "Fancy Tags S4-235, DooHickey "Edwin's Lace", Dienamics "Decorative
                    Duo" and Life Style Crafts "Nesting Frame 5"
          Border Punch - Martha Stewart "Doily Lace"
          Inked Edges - Distress Ink "Vintage Photo"
          Sparkle & Shine - Stickles "Stardust" and Glossy Accents by Inkssentials
          Film Strip Ribbon by Tim Holtz
          From My Stash - Ribbon, Button and Twine

          Colored with Copics - R81, R83, R85, RV0000, RV10, B41, B12, E50, YR30, E31, E000, E00, 
                    G21, YG03 and Coo for the shadow

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!