Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pennant Card

Today I have created my very first blog (this is my first post too).  For a long time I have wanted to do this so that I could share with my friends and family all of my fun creations!  I love all things crafty but I am currently excited about coloring stamped or digital printed pictures with my Copic pens. I then use those colored pictures and create beautiful cards or gift boxes/bags for family and friends.

My favorite digital pictures to color these days are from Saturated Canary by Krista Smith you can find her images on her web site saturated-canary.myshopify.com   I just can't get enough of them and already own more than 50 images from her.  They are just the cutest!!!

So today I am going to post a little pennant card I made recently.  My inspiration came from the many pennant banners I've seen.  I started out thinking of making a banner for my granddaughter's birthday, but then decided to turn one of the pennant pieces into a card (never did finish making the rest of the banner for my granddaughter!).  The card doesn't stand well but I love how it looks.  I didn't give it to anyone, instead I found these cute hanger clips at one of my favorite craft stores and I am going to hang it on my craft room wall as decoration.  I hope you like it...

Front of card

Inside of card

Items used for this project:
     Papers - Bazzill White, Best Creation Inc "Jubilee" and Echo Park "Be Mine"
     Digital Image - Saturated Canary "Ava"
     Sentiment Inside Card - Verve "Fancy Floral's Remixed"
     Inked Edges using Distress Ink "Vintage Photo"
     Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
     Metal Dies - Spellbinders "Nested Lacy Pennant" and Butterflies by DooHickey
     Gems - Primo "Say It in Crystals
     Sparkles & Shine - Stickles "Star Dust" and Inkssentials "Glossy Accents"
     From my Stash - Eyelets and Ribbon

     Colored in Copics - R81, R83, R85, E000, E00, E11, RV00, C1, C3, C5, C7, E43, E44, R59 and the
                                    outline shadow is C00

     Clouds in the background are made using a stencil I made and sponged with Memento "Summer Sky"

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my first ever blog post with me!




3 comments:

  1. I <3 your blog Mom! So cute! I already added it to my favorites on my computer so I can visit it ALL the time! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

    P.S Your card is so adorable...I love the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM SO EXCITED TO BE ABLE TO CHECK OUT YOUR BLOG AND STEAL ALLLLLLLL YOUR WONDERFUL IDEAS! you always have the best ones! I'm glad you put your copic numbers on it too because I'm always curious what you're using! Congrats on the page, it looks soooo good! love you mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job mom!!! I love that you are so creative and modern!!! I can't wait for more posts! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!