Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Craft Caddy

Hi and Happy belated Easter!  Hope you all had a wonderful day.  I had a great day with my family.  We enjoyed three Easter egg hunts for the grand kids and a great meal.  It was so fun and the kids had a ball!  Our grand kids were here for the week prior to Easter so I didn't get any crafting done, but now that they have gone home, I finished up my Craft Caddy which I had started at a class I took at my favorite craft store the Saturday before the kids came.  I am going to use it on my desk to hold my crafting tools... Scissors, Glue, Sparkles, Gems, Pearls, Flowers, currently in use Copics, etc...you get the point.  The Caddy has four Drawers, two spaces for storage on the top and four spaces for storage on the sides.  Best of all it spins so I have great access to every area of storage.  I really love it!

It was made using a Craft Caddy Kit by Kaiser Craft, Romantic Novel Papers from Prima and lots of great odds and ends as decorations.  The Craft Caddy comes in pieces and unpainted.  I first painted all of the pieces using Americana Warm White, which took three coats to cover completely.  Then I used One Step Crackle by Deco Art and when dry I stained it using Staining Antiquing Medium by Americana mixed with Martha Stewart Lake Fog, which is kind of a taupe color.  Finally I sprayed all of the surfaces with Krylon Satin Finish to keep the stain from rubbing off.  The Romantic Novel Papers were added using Glue n Seal by Ranger.  All embellishments were added using Crafter's Pick The Ultimate thick glue.  Unfortunately I did not keep track of everything I used for decoration but here are a few that I can remember...

BoBunny Trinkets, Chipboard Pieces & Brads
Pink Paisley Butterfly Garden Charms
Tim Holtz Locket Keys, Game Spinners, Hanger Clips
Prima Romantic Novel Embellishments
Lace, Pearls and Clips came from my stash and some of the things came in the class kit
Drawer Handles were by Prima I think

Here are some pictures of it before I loaded it with my craft stuff...

Front 1 with two drawers

Side 1 with two slots

Front 2 with two drawers

Side 2 with two slots


Thanks so much for stopping by...

Hugs...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!