Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dot Pumpkins for Thanksgiving


Good Morning!  Today I have finally finished all 20 Dotted White Pumpkins that I will be placing at each Thanksgiving table place setting.  I have made one for each person coming including the grandchildren. 

It has taken me awhile to complete them, which is why I haven't posted anything lately.  Each pumpkin started out green (that's how I purchased them).  I then had to paint each one with 3 coats of white paint to cover the green.  The stems were painted first with black, which I didn't like, then with two coats of a dark brown (much better).  Then I traced on the letters which I had printed out on my computer, painted each dark brown, covered the pumpkin with different sized brown dots then the whole pumpkin was covered with a coat of varnish to make it shine.  I added a bit of Stickles Star Dust to the swirls on each letter and three little gems.  Tied some raffia and ribbon bows, added some leaves, feathers, buttons (for the boys) and flowers (for the girls) and they were finally finished.

So here is a sample of each type.  The one with the flower was made for my daughter and the one with the button is for her boyfriend. 

I really Love them!!!!  I think they are going to look great on our table at Thanksgiving and each person will be able to take theirs home too...




My Crafting Recipe:
From Michaels Craft Store – Small Green Plastic Pumpkins (painted white), Fall Colored Ribbon, White & Dark Brown Paint and Varnish.
From My Stash – Raffia, Fall Leaves, Feathers, String, Jewels & Button
Flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts
The Letters are a font called LD Garbo Script – Printed on paper, traced onto the pumpkin and painted with the Dark Brown Paint
Sparkle is Stickles Star Dust

Thanks for stopping by...
Hugs...Patti


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!