Sunday, October 21, 2012

Candlestick Candy Jars for Halloween


Hi and Good Morning!!!   I Love Pinterest!!!  My girls turned me on to this web site, you can find it at www.pinterest.com, and I just can't get enough of it now!  I can scroll through all the great pictures for hours on end.  I find the best recipes, decorating tips, and diy crafts!

Today my craft is from Pinterest, of course...my eldest daughter actually found this one.  I was at her house visiting for a week and she showed the picture to me.  I decided to make them for her...of course they turned out so great I had to have a set for myself too...lol! 

I looked everywhere for those jars and couldn't find them anywhere.  Then after reading the instructions for making these, I realized the jars they used were from Hobby Lobby.  Off to Hobby Lobby I went!  That was the only place I could find the Jars I wanted, I don't have a Hobby Lobby where I live so luckily there was one not far from my daughters home.  Then off to Michaels, World Market and Target to get the rest of the items I needed!




Here is the finished project...Aren't they great!!! 




Oh yea, at Christmas time you can fill them with little ornaments or Christmas candies, add the Letters JOY in red and a Christmas colored bow!  I'm still trying to think of three letters for Easter, then filling jars with Easter candies and adding a Easter colored bow.  Soooo Cute!

My Project Recipe:
     Candlesticks from World Market...the directions called for separate wooden pieces glued and
          painted but buying these three from World Market was much less time consuming and besides
          I couldn't find all the right wood pieces I needed!
     Jars from Hobby Lobby...they are glued to the candle sticks so they don't fall off
     Ribbon from Michaels
     BOO Letters from Michaels - Letters were white so I painted them black and added glitter to the
          front of each letter.
     Finial is wood purchased on line from Woodworks, Ltd. - www.craftparts.com then painted black
          and glued to top of jar lid.
     Candy Corn is from Target


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a Wonderful Day!
Hugs...Patti




1 comment:

  1. i have an idea for easter!!!! EGG haha thats all. i love you mom.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!