Saturday, September 21, 2013

Vintage 8x8 Box

Today I am going to share my "finally" finished class project from a class I took last evening at my favorite scrapbooking store "Scrapbook Island".  It was taught by Karen France, an amazing teacher who is so talented.  My youngest daughter and I love to attend her classes together.  She just started a web site, with a good friend of hers, called "The Mixie Chicks" which you can find HERE.  Check it out and you will see she is amazing!!!

I didn't actually finish last night but I worked on it today and finally got it completed!  I LOVE IT!!!  It was made using a Graphic 45 8x8 box and lots of Bronze Ver-day by Ten Seconds Studio.  The papers were from Prima called Delightful, which is a very vintage line they just came out with.  Karen also provided us with vintage string, lace and buttons.  The sewing machine, bird cage and dress form are metal dies by Tim Holtz.  This project was so much fun to do... the class was four hours and jam packed with things for us to do, so much so that I could't keep up and had to leave with my project 80% completed...haha.  I rarely complete my projects in the classes I take but the truth is that I would rather finish them at home anyway, that way I'm not rushed and all stressed out!

We put the Ver-day on most of our embellishments.  It's very time consuming because of the drying time but It looks great!  Look closely and you can see which items we did this on...Top Knob, Buttons, Photo Corners, Straight Pins, Hat Pin, Flowers, Scissors, Bird Cage, Dress Form, Clothespin and the Initial on the top tag.  We also did parts of the box which makes the box look like it is made of metal.  So beautiful!  You can tell by the green patina look...that's what Ver-day does.  It turns wet bronze areas green...

Here it is...

Finished Box

This is the back of the box

Top Corner Cluster

Top and Looking down into the box

This is the inside of the box before the cover is slipped on



Thanks so much for stopping by...

Hugs...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!