Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Stocking Card

Good Evening to you all!

I've been so busy decorating, shopping, wrapping gifts, planning Christmas meals, playing Dragon Vale (oh I know that doesn't have anything to do with Christmas but it is so much fun to play) and browsing through Pinterest for Christmas ideas, that I haven't had much time for crafting...

I had originally planned on making Christmas Cards for family and friends this year too, but well... I've run out of time so maybe next year hahaha.  I did however find some time today to finish a little Christmas Stocking Card that I will save for next year.  I was inspired by a card my mother sent us.  It had the cutest Christmas stocking on the front of it.  I had bought some cut out stockings, which were just the right size; at our local Michael's Craft Store awhile back so I used one as a stencil for cutting out my card.  I cut a heal and toe piece and a cuff for the top of the stocking.  I also cut out a bunch of snowflakes and covered them with Star Dust Stickles to make them shine.  I layered large and small snowflakes together, added a pearl to the middle and attached them to the stocking cuff.  The cuff paper already had snowflakes on it so I just added the ones I made onto those.  The Joy tag is a pre-printed tag from the 6x6 paper pack I used.  I don't know if you can tell or not, but I added Glossy Accents to the letters to make them stand out.  I haven't put anything on the inside of my card yet, I'll probably wait to do that until I know who I will be giving it to.

Soooooo here it is...enjoy!

Front

Peek of Inside

My Card Recipe:
     Digital - Snowman Top O'The Mornin by Whimsy Stamps
     Stamps - Christmas Mini Icon Tags & Christmas Sentiment Tags by Lily of the Valley
     Paper - Bazzill White & Handmade Holiday 6x6 paper pad by simple Stories
     Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
     Paper Punches - Alpine & Aspen Snowflakes by Martha Stewart
     Metal Die - Snowflake by DooHickey
     Inked Edges - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
     Sparkle & Shine - Stickles Star Dust and Glossy Accents by Inkssentials
     My Stash - Ribbon & Pearls

Colored in Copics:  Snowman BG0000, C00     Cheeks RV0000, RV00     Top Hat C5, C7, C9
Blue BG18 + 0 Blender     Red R24, R27, R39     Brown Bird E30, E31, E33    
Yellow Beak Y21, YR24     Green YG93, YG95, YG97     Grey Shading C00



Thanks for stopping by...
 
Hugs...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!