Sunday, August 4, 2013

Grungy Spell Book (Journal)

Today I'm sharing a project I made in a class I took at the Scrapbook Island, my favorite scrapbook store. It's the very first Mixed Media Journal that I have ever made and I have decided this kind of art is just what I want to do now!  It is so challenging and fun (also very, very messy...lol).  I am finding so many new and exciting paints, sprays, and gels.  WOW!  I have moved most of my card making supplies to the back and all of my new mixed media things to the front!

Our teacher was Anna Dabrowska "Finnabair" from Prima.  What a wonderful and fun class!  I learned so much from Anna.  She is from Poland and is such a great Mixed Media Artist...you should check out her blog HERE.  I have been following her blog for quite a while so when I learned she was going to teach a couple of classes here I was sooooo excited!  The classes were held on a Sunday and a Monday...this was the Sunday Class.  It was a nine hour class, and a very long day but I LOVED IT!!!  If you ever get a chance to take a class from Anna please do...she is such a great teacher and very encouraging while you are working.  She pushes you to find your own style, not just copy her samples.  She also works along with you step by step so you know exactly what to do, how to do it and when to do it.  She gave us great tips and tricks too!  She believes you should and can use anything you want in your art...ie: nuts, bolts, screws, computer parts, pop tops from coke cans, springs, wire screen, canvas, lace, string...well you get the idea, the list is endless.  She told us "if you can glue it on your canvas you can use it!" and she does too!

I LOVE HER!!!

She also shared with us the use of two products made by Luminarte...Silks and Primary Elements.  You can buy this product HERE.  This product is so fun to work with and the colors are amazing.  One is a paint and the other is a powder that you mix with water and spray on your project or you can mix it with gel and use it as a paint.  They are so shimmery too!

Anyway here is my project.  I isn't completely finished as we only worked on three double pages and the front and back covers of the journal.  I did complete one additional double page at home, and there is a slot in the back for anything you want and I decided I wanted a large tag there, so I finished that also.

Front of Journal
Back of Journal




Tag Pocket Page
Back of Tag
Front of Tag

Here is a list of the items I used...some were provided by Anna in her class (most actually) and some I had at home and used.  Most of the items are from Prima because that is who she works for...

Prima Items:
Resist Flowers
Wood Pieces - xoxo, flowers, gears & leaves
Say it in Crystals
Clear Epoxy Stickers
Sunrise Sunset Collection by Finnabair - Papers, Canvas Alpha, Gold Flowers, Mixed Media Journal
     Vintage Trinkets - Roman Numerals, Brads, Metal flowers, Gears, Tags, Washers & Bottle Caps
Prima Stencils - Dot Lines # 564261 & Donna Downing flowers #922436
Prima/Finnabair Stencils - Doily #960155, Dot Flowers #960162 and Checkered #960179 & #960186
Prima Clear Stamps - Words #545055, Bricks #960896 (Finnabair), Checker #960865 (Finnabair),
     Words #563134 (Lady Bird Collection), Diamonds #960834 (Finnabair), Dot Flowers #960148
     (Sunrise/Sunset Collection), and Words #960964 (Finnabair)

Luminarte Silks Paints - Ginger Peach, Olive Vine, Bolivian Blue and Solar Gold
Luminarte Primary Elements (mixed with water for sprays) - Olive Vine, ginger Peach, Teal Zircon,
     Bolivia Blue and a mixture of Nutmeg, Autumn Butternut & Burnt Umber to make a light brown/tan color

Miscellaneous Items used:  Ranger Archival Ink Black, Copic Multi Liner Pigment Ink,
     Graphite Pencil 6B, Masking Tape, Brads, Buttons, Snaps, Lace, Eyelets, Clear Acrylic Balls,
     Lace Flower in orange, White Thread and a Metal Key.

There may be other items but these are the ones I could still identify...lol!



Thanks so much for stopping by...

See you again soon...

Hugs...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!