Sunday, August 18, 2013

Voyager Box

I came across a new web site the other day that really excited me...it's called Paper Phenomenon found at http://paperphenomenon.blogspot.com .  This web site is owned by a lady named Kathy Files who creates and sells monthly project kits.  You subscribe to these project kits for three months at a time, so after those three months you can either discontinue the club or purchase another three months.  I have just subscribed to the "September, October & November" kits, but there are lots of older project kits that I would love to make.  She does sell these past projects, but you can't buy the complete project as sold in the original club kit.  When you buy these older projects you are given all of the instructions and measurements to make it, but nothing else...no papers or hardware.

I recently purchased the Voyager Box (May 2013 Project Kit) and just finished making it today.  I think it turned out perfect!  I decided to make a modification to her original instructions.  The original calls for two doors that cover the front area (on hinges so they open and close) but I didn't want those because I'm going to use my box on my desk, as storage, to hold those items that I use quite often.  I used the newly released Teresa Collins "Memorabilia" collection which look great on the Box.

Next up I'm going to make a book called "The Ultimate Organizer".  It was also part of this May 2013 monthly project kit and was meant to reside inside the drawer of the Voyager Box.  I have already filled the drawer up with STUFF...lol!  My Organizer will not be for the box drawer but will just be set out on my book shelf.

Here is my Voyager Box...hope you like it!


The drawer opens up...

A side view...

Filled with STUFF!


My Project Recipe:
Voyager Box Instructions by Kathy Files of the Paper Phenomenon
Paper - Memorabilia Collection by Teresa Collins and Black Bazzill cardstock
Chip Board - Extra Heavy by Paper Accents
Corner Die - Photo Corner by Quickutz
Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
Glue
Score Tape
Matte Multi-Medium by Studio (Instructions called for a coat of glue on the whole box but I used this instead of glue)



Thanks for stopping by...

Hugs...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!