Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birthday Box and Card for Mom

Good Morning!

Today I am sharing a decorated wood box and a birthday card, which fits inside the box, that I have made for my Mother's Birthday.  I think she's going to really LOVE this!  My mom loves antiques so I tried to make this box and card look really vintage.  I used one of my favorite paper collections "Fairy Rhyme by Prima".  This collection has all kinds of cute chipboard embellishments, flowers and pearl swirls, which I included in my project too!

The box is a wood box which I painted a Warm White.  Then I added the papers on the top of the box and on the inside top and bottom...see the pictures below!  To give the projects some texture, after adding the papers, I stenciled using Heavy Gesso the butterflies onto the top of the box and butterflies and dot lines on the card before spraying them each using some of the wonderful colored sprays from Shimmerz!  I have fallen in love with these sprays...they are so pretty with that shimmering effect they have when dry...check out the Shimmerz web site at www.shimmerzpaints.com . They have a great selection of colors to choose from!

To complete the project I decorated everything with lots and lots of embellishments...

Here is my finished box and card...enjoy!



Top of Box
Box opened and the card fits perfectly inside
Inside top of box
Inside bottom of box
Card Front
Card Inside

My Project Recipe for both the box and the card:

Wood Box from Michaels - Painted using Americana Warm White
Flowers - Botanicals by Farm House, Wild Orchid Crafts, Recollections and Prima

Paper Collection - Fairy Rhyme by Prima of which I used Papers, Flowers, Chipboard pieces, Letters, 
Buttons and Say it in Crystals

White Bazzill Cardstock
Frilly Square Die by GoKreate - to make the shape of the card
Martha Stewart Butterflies Punch
Butterfly by Petaloo
Junkyard Findings/Vintage Trinkets by Prima - Word Bulb & Clocks
Metal Flower by Prima
Stencil  Butterflies by Prima, Mariposas by TCW and Circle Lines by Prima
White Trim Ribbon by Prima
Dress Form Paper Clip by Prima
From My Stash - Snaps, Doily, Metal Key, Hat Pin & Ceramic Flower
Heavy Gesso mixed with regular Gesso
Glossy Accents
Glimmer Mist - Dazzling Diamonds
Star Dust Stickles
Shimmerz Spritz - Sea Foam, Cotton Candy & Mud Pie
Shimmerz Vibes, Pop Art Pink & Rolling in the Hay


Thanks for stopping by...

See you again soon...

Hugs...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!